Filipino Dessert: Cassava Cake with Young Coconut
One of the Filipino favorites; cassava cake. A Filipino dessert that is primarily made from cassava and mixed with young shredded coconut.
300 gm grated cassava
1 cup shredded buko (young coconut)
½ buko juice
1 cup coconut milk cream
2/3 cup condensed milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. melted butterToppings:
1/3 cup coconut milk cream
½ cup condensed milk
2 tbsp. butter
Grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl, mix well.
3. Pour in a buttered baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
4. While baking, prepare the toppings. Combine coconut and condensed milk.
5. When the cake is fully cook, spread the number four mixture over it. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown.
6.Take out from oven, spread butter on top, then sprinkle with grated cheese. Let it cool before serving.